Sunday, December 15, 2013

I must look like a sucker

Man, people tried to screw me outta money THREE times yesterday. As of this writing one was successful because I only noticed I got screwed this morning. So first, I went to my usual spot for my pre-Office lunch. There was some special event happening on the South side, so I decided to go to the fancier North side. It was nice and just as tasty and I ate good and off I went to pay. Well, when the guy rang me up, he charged me for two people. I said I was by myself and he gave me the side-eye. Dude, only ONE time have I ever been there with someone else (Hey, Rebecca!) and he wasn't even there that day. Anyway, the waitress confirmed that I was alone, so he said he give me back the difference in cash since he'd already swiped my card. He then hurriedly gave me some cash and I boogied outta there. But then I realized that he had shorted me $5. So I had to go back and let him know. He was nice about it and I don't think he was really TRYING to screw me over. It was just busy and confusing because all the people who were supposed to be going over to whatever was happening on the South side kept coming to the North side first and had to be shown over to the other one. Moving on. Then, I went up to CVS to see if they have these new Mattifying products I saw on YouTube. They did not, but that had a few other items on sale for 50% or 75% off. I picked up a back-up of my Nearly Naked foundation ($2.49 after the 75% off), a CG mascara ($4.49 after 50% off), and a couple of Rimmel lip glosses ($5.29 before 75% off). The lip glosses were ring up at the regular price, so the guy tried to do the math in his head and said he'd just charge me $2.50. Yeah, 75% of $5.29 is NOT $2.50, son. I whipped out my handy iPod calculator and tallied it up and they were $1.63 each. Handled. So finally, I decided to get my vape on. Jen finally convinced me that it's the way to go. Well, Jen and having to step outside to the frosty cold uncovered, unheated patio at the Cabooze. So I went to the eCig Crib on Lyndale. I tasted all sorts of vapors and bought the cheapest kit I could. Blah blah blah. Anyway, I was fiddling around with it this morning and I was trying to figure out info the extra tank I bought. I grabbed the receipt to figure out the name, and lo and behold, I was charged for 2 juices instead of one. Ugh! The receipt has a big ole ALL SALE FINAL, but I didn't get two juices, so that wasn't a sale. So now I have to go back over there today and see if they'll refund the difference or give me a second juice since it's already on the card. Yeah, I think this is karma because I found $20 just lying in an aisle at work on Friday.

No comments: