Sunday, October 16, 2011

I Need an Upgrade

It's official. I need to get a new TV. No, my current telly didn't die on me. (I actually haven't turned it on yet today, so it could make me a sad liar.) I need a new TV because I am now a part of the blu-ray generation. I now own over 30 blu-ray movies (32, to be exact). My blu-ray player currently is housed in my bedroom because that is where my hi-def TV is and that is what them bad boys are made for is watching movies all sorts of fancy like. Stuff doesn't look awful on my current non hi-def television (and I don't even know that I am doing things right in order to watch things all HD-like on my other telly. Maybe I just think they do. That telly is small though. It's only 19" while my living room telly is 27". I want a new one that's about that size for the living room. And even that seems kind small in comparison to what ELSE one can get nowadays.

This is such a stupid first-world problem. Meanwhile, my nephew asked to borrow money from me and I said I didn't have it. Which I don't but that's because I bought movies or went to see a movie or did something else unnecessary with my money. I just need to suck it up and deal with my TV.

Oh and of course, "Hanna" which I bought on DVD yesterday for $19.99 is on sale at Best Buy today for $17.99. That's the blu-ray by the way. Fortunately, the nice young man at Best Buy allowed me to trade that one in and put the $2.00 saving towards my purchase of "Hulk" (it's an Eric Bana thing, you totally should understand because he is F-I-N-E Fine, honey). I also traded in "The Negotiator" and "Forces of Nature" which I owned for reasons I can't explain for "Punisher: War Zone" (blame that on How Did This Get Made?) and "Conan the Barbarian". It took a lot for me NOT to buy more movies than that and well, this is the beginning of this week's sale.

And can I just say I love Best Buy employees. I am sure earning a commission doesn't hurt (assuming they do work on commission and well, there is no incentive for the kids at the registers so they are just nice kids), but I have rarely received anything but great service from them. And despite those commercials that complain about big box store employees being ill-informed, lazy, pimply-faced teenagers, I have never had that experience with any of my purchases and I have purchased many a product from many a Best Buy. Computers, monitors, printers, microwaves, DVD players, blu-ray players, iProducts, always great service.

No comments: