Thursday, February 07, 2013

One week til my Smoke-Out

Remember how I said I was gonna quit smoking on February 14 (for my heart, right?)? Well, with only a week left until my Quit Day, I'm a little concerned about actually being able to quit. Part of me wants to revise my quit plan and push the date back a few weeks. I have been doing a terrible job of whittling down and tracking my smokey treat intake. I had an app for that for a bit, but it kinda sucked so I deleted it. My plan was to smoke less and less until 2/14 and then just be done. By now I had hoped to be down to, like, 5 cigs a day. Yeah, not happening. I have not been leaving my cigarettes at home, so I smoke at work. My newest weak spot is waiting at the bus stop. This morning I decided to walk to the my downtown bus stop instead. Exercise and fight the Craving Dragon! Boom!!! My other weakness is a little tougher and that is sitting on my couch watching the YouTube in front of my TV. Yes, you read that right. I sit on my couch watching YouTube videos (Gabe and Babe are the freakin' best!!!) on my iPad with the dang TV on! What's THAT about? We need to work on that. My Netflix queue is bananas and also I can only watch so many videos about natural hair and make-up tutorials and cute IR couples vlogs. The natural hair thing is probably the next craziest thing in my world. I'm becoming a product junkie. Need to find my staples and stick to them. I really just want to buy two more things: castor oil and coconut oil. The Wedge actually has coconut oil on sale for only $5.79 this month. Cha-ching!!! I am debating the castor oil situation. Jamaican black castor oil or just the regular kind I can get at GNC? I might also need to get one other oil to counter the smell of the castor oil, but THAT'S IT!!! No more hair products!!! I imagine quitting smoking, eating better and exercising might actually contribute to my hair growth. Speaking of excercise, there is this awesome thing that I learned about that I REALLY want to try. It's called Couch 2 Five K, or C25K, and it's a program designed to get couch potatoes (ME!) off the couch and running in 3 months. It actually sounds doable. This could be a thing that I start in the spring (where else am I gonna run? I can't afford a Y membership right now.) I should get back to work. It's a slooooooooow day though. Maybe over my lunch break I can give a little update about being back at this spot. (Not all sunshine and rainbows, but also not creepy undercover sociopaths. The good with the bad and all that, right?)

No comments: